Rinker Technology Center Lab & Network Rules
- Two-hour time limit when other users are waiting for access. Academic use will be given priority over personal use. Users may be required to move to another station at the discretion of the Lab Administrator or Lab Assistant(s) to optimize the use of the Lab.
- Users will be responsible for their own data. Data must be saved on flash drives and not the Lab Computers. Users must provide their own diskettes. Flash drives may be purchased at the Campus Bookstore.
- Users must provide their own paper for printing. Paper may be purchased at the Campus Bookstore.
- Children are not allowed in the computer lab area.
- Absolutely no smoking allowed in the Lab.
- Print only one copy of a document, make additional copies on a copier.
- Installation of personal or unauthorized programs on Lab computers is prohibited.
- Loud, disruptive, or abusive language or behavior will not be tolerated and will be grounds for revoking Lab privileges and may result in referral for disciplinary action.
- Harassment or defamatory remarks to others in the Lab are not permitted.
- The Lab Administrator, and in his/her absence, Lab Assistants and Lab Monitors, has the right to dismiss from the Lab anyone deemed to be in violation of any of these rules.
- Users agree to hold harmless FSC, its employees, and agents, from any claim, demand, liability, cause of action, or suit for damages arising out of use of FSC's computers and/or network, including, but not limited to, any loss of their data stored on the network.
- Users will not send "chain letters" or other unsolicited messages to lists of people.
- Users will use their account only, and not access another user's account or impersonate another user in the use of the computers, networks, or messages, e-mail or otherwise.
- Users will not knowingly or intentionally engage in any activity that spreads computer viruses to campus computers or the Internet.
- The user agrees to never use a system to perform an illegal or malicious act.
- Users will not tamper with the computer or networking hardware.
- Any user who finds a possible security lapse on any system is obliged to report it until the System Administrator has investigated the problem. Knowledge of passwords or of loopholes in the computer security shall not be used to damage computing resources, obtain extra resources, take resources from another user, gain unauthorized access to resources or otherwise make use of computing resources for which proper authorization has not been given. Users will report the use of their account by others to a System Administrator.
- Harassment or defamatory remarks to others in the Lab or on the network are not permitted. Any user transmitting such remarks shall bear sole responsibility for their actions. FSC's role in managing these systems is only as an information carrier, and will never consider transmission through these systems as an endorsement of the transmission. The user also agrees to follow proper etiquette on outside networks.