|The main goals of Pens Central Writing Lab are to:
- Support the education students receive from every department of Florida Southern College;
- Tutor students who require additional work in writing, grammar, and literature;
- Facilitate the holistic development of students, helping them to become knowledgeable and well-adjusted citizens who lead meaningful lives.
- Students will improve the organization of their written assignments and the quality of their ideas; they will compose effective and coherent essays.
- Students will use appropriate diction in their written assignments and oral presentations.
- Students will find grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors and offer appropriate suggestions to correct the deficiencies.
- Students will compare favorably in their knowledge of literature with students who study literature at other universities and colleges.
- In addition to achieving the above-listed goals, international students will improve their use of English sentence structure, enlarge their English vocabulary, and become familiar with English idiomatic expressions and with ESL pointers.
Writing Lab Hours: Spring 2012 (printable version of hours)
MONDAY 9:30 – 1:00 & 3:15 - 4:15
TUESDAY 1:45 – 4:30
WEDNESDAY 9:30 – 1:30 & 3:15 – 4:15
THURSDAY 8:00 – 5:00
FRIDAY 10:30 – 12:30
Please make an appointment (call 680-4393) to secure space and bring a hard copy of your assignment / work.
Pens Central Writing Lab is located in the Christoverson Humanities building, room 306, and it has a computer available for student use. The lab is open only during the fall and spring semesters.
Dr. Margaret Taylor is the faculty supervisor and can be contacted at (863) 680-4393.
If you have a longer paper (4+ pages), please sign up for
one hour, and always bring a typed hard copy.