Job Title: Admissions Counselor Assistant
Supervisor: Nicole Houder
Number of Positions Open: 2
Hours Per Week: 15
Duties: This position will encompass a complete range of admissions responsibilities. As a student member of the Office of Admissions recruitment team, the Admissions Counselor Assistant is responsible for assisting in the daily activities of the Admissions Office. The Admissions Counselor Assistant will articulate the mission and values of the College to prospective students and families, and become thoroughly familiar with academic majors, campus activities, and all other aspects of student life at Florida Southern College that impact the recruitment of new students to the campus.
1. Responsible for presenting information sessions and meeting with students and families during campus visits.
2. Represent FSC at major events, such as Day on Campus, Preview Day and Scholars Weekend.
3. Assist with the Scholars Weekend Hosting.
4. Assist with initial GPA calculation for admission file review.
5. Provide admission counseling to prospective students and their parents through all phases of the admissions processes.
6. Update student prospect database as needed.
7. Daily responsibilities may include communication with a number of prospective students through phone outreach, e-mails, individual appointments, and group presentations.
8. Other duties as assigned.