STUDENT NETWORK ANTIVIRUS INSTALLATION
Symantec Norton Antivirus 10.0 Client Install Procedures
- Windows 2000 Professional/Windows XP Home/Professional
- 64 MB of disk space
- 55 MB of RAM
- Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 or later
- Intel Pentium processor at 150 MHz (Pentium II or higher recommended)
NOTE: These are standard instructions. You must be on campus and connected to the student network to install this antivirus. Some of the steps and images may vary, due to the installation configuration of your Windows 2000 and Windows XP Operating System. Please contact the Help Desk at extension 6426 or 616-6426 for assistance.
- In order to install the antivirus software your computer will need to be connected to the Florida Southern Student Network using an Ethernet Network Interface Card and a CAT5 Ethernet cable.
- IMPORTANT! Uninstall any previously installed Antivirus software (Please refer to the Antivirus software vendor technical support for detailed instructions on removing their software):
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click on the AntiVirus Software application in the list of currently installed programs, and then click Remove.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the application
- Close any running applications. The computer may restart without notification once it has completed installing Symantec Norton Antivirus 10.0 Client.
- From the student network, go to: http://fscstnav/webinstall/ to open the Symantec Web Deployment Tool website (The site will open in a new browser). Note: Firewall software may need to be temporary disabled in order to access the website.
- Click on the button to begin the installation process. Note: During the installation process please ignore any notifications you receive from Impulse concerning the status of your antivirus software.
- For Windows XP Professional/Home a Security Warning dialog window will appear like the one displayed below. Click the button to continue.
Symantec Norton Antivirus 10.0 Client software will continue to install in the background for several minutes. You will see a I icon in the tray located on the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop when the installation has been completed.
When the installation has completed, click on the LINK on the Web Deployment Tool web page to close the web browser window.
Contact us for additional help.