Behind the Name: Joseph-Reynolds Hall
Cordyon S. and Louise Joseph, and Mrs. Louise Reynolds
Founders' Week 1937 was the occasion on which the women's dormitory was given the name Joseph-Reynolds Hall honoring the late Cordyon S. and Louise R. Joseph, and Mrs. Joseph's mother, the late Mrs. Louise Reynolds, who had contributed quite generously to the College for a number of years.
Mr. Joseph was Instructor in English, and Mrs. Joseph was Instructor in French at Florida Southern College during the 1930s. The 1931 Interlachen was dedicated to the Josephs.
Joseph-Reynolds Hall was constructed in 1922, and was originally known as the Dormitory for Women. The Dormitory for Women was one of the first two new buildings constructed on the Lakeland campus, and with Social Hall (later renamed Edge Hall) formed the core of the academic and social life of Southern College.
Joseph-Reynolds Hall - Florida Southern College