New Students and Transfer Students will receive information from New Student Orientation regarding their check-in process.
Returning Student Move-In is Sunday August 21st, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Dell, Miller, Hollis, Publix Commons, Jenkins – check-in at the Wynee Warden Tennis Center Grandstand
Lake Hollingsworth Apartments – check-in at the Lake Hollingsworth Apartments clubhouse
All other Apartments & Houses – check-in at the Hollis Room of the Buckner Building
Students returning after Sunday will pick up their keys and check-in at the Carlisle Rogers Building office 123.
Group Early Arrival Requests
If you are a member of a group that is approved to arrive early to campus, please contact your supervisor, advisor or coach to make sure you are approved to arrive before Returning Student Move In. Your supervisor, advisor, or coach will be able to provide arrival details.
Individual Early Arrival Requests
Please review the criteria provided below. Please note that each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and the Office of Community Living will contact employers, faculty, and staff to verify requests.
Individuals can pick up their keys in Rogers 123 the following dates & times:
Thursday, August 18: 9am – 5pm
Friday, August 19: 9am – 5pm
Saturday, August 20th: 10am – 2:00pm
We are unable to have individuals check in at any other times.
Criteria for Early Arrival approval:
- On-Campus Employment — Students required to be on-campus early to start college employment. Please note that your supervisor will verify your employment.
- Academic Program — Students required to be on-campus due to the early start of an academic program (i.e. student teaching, faculty-sponsored research projects, etc.).
- Summer Housing — Students who have been living in on campus housing during the summer. These students will be contacted by the Office of Community Living to transition to fall room assignments in early to mid August.
- Sibling of a New Student — For residents with a sibling who is a new student arriving on Saturday, August 20.
If you do not meet the criteria, other circumstances will be carefully considered, but you will likely be assessed a fee. The following requests for early arrival will likely be approved, dependent on availability and with a $100 per night fee (assessed to your student account).
- Family or personal conflict — For students who themselves or whose families are unable to arrive on Returning Student Move-In due to work or family commitments or are coming from a great distance.
- Off campus employment — Students who are working off-campus and need to be back early for a job.
Please do not make requests for the following reasons:
- Roommate already on campus — Students who are hoping to move in because their roommate(s) has arrived early will not be approved for early arrival. Unauthorized early arrivals will be billed the $100 per night early arrival fee and may be asked to leave.
- Just want to be back — If there is no legitimate reason for a student to be on campus early, we will not approve an early arrival.
To request an early arrival, complete the Early Arrival Request Form. Request needs to be submitted by Friday, August 12th.