An Accounting degree provides outstanding career opportunities in a variety of industries. Offered online and in the evening.
Our emphasis on real-world application trains you for roles in professional, industrial, managerial or governmental accounting.
Florida Southern College prepares accounting students to compete in today’s complex global market by equipping them with the skills needed to understand the language of business through a robust curriculum and expert faculty. You’ll gain exposure to all areas of accounting — financial, tax, cost/managerial, auditing, information systems, and forensics. Additionally, FSC has three Florida Institute of CPAs Outstanding Educator Award winners teaching our accounting students.
Our Accounting degree can be completed fully online.
Scheduling of classes is flexible. Mix and match delivery types to maximize your schedule as needed.
Next term start date 10/23/2023
AACSB AccreditedAccreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is the mark of excellence in business education earned by fewer than five percent of business schools worldwide.
Florida Southern’s Accounting program has three Florida Institute of CPAs Outstanding Educator Award winners teaching our students.
Affordable and Accelerated
A timely completion of your degree is critical to your total tuition cost and busy schedule, which is why we offer accelerated courses in 7- and 14-week terms, providing you a quality education that saves you time and money.
Your academic advisor works with you from the moment you are accepted to create a road map to graduation, creating a custom schedule specific to your needs.
CPA Licensure Preparation
Extend your academic experience at FSC by applying to the Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program to meet the 150 credit hour requirement for CPA Licensure. A benefit is that the majority of the faculty you are familiar with from your undergraduate courses teach at the graduate level.Learn More
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Provide official transcripts of all academic work taken previously at other colleges, universities, or professional schools.
- If fewer than 25 credit hours have been earned from a regionally accredited college or university, student should provide official high school transcript or GED scores.
- If fewer than 25 credit hours have been earned from a regionally accredited college or university, student should provide official ACT or SAT exam scores, OR as an alternative, applicants should instead submit an updated resume and elect to apply through the test-optional policy.
- Military service-connected, educational experiences may award transfer credits. Requests should be accompanied by documents describing the educational experience. (Seven semester hours of credit may be awarded.)
International Student Requirements
- Official Translated Transcripts With Course By Course Evaluation**
- Bank Letter Verifying Funds of Sponsor***
- Sponsor's Guarantee Form
- Valid Passport
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score****
*** A bank letter is a written statement on bank letterhead and signed by a bank official.
**** Must have completed an English language training program or at least one year at an English speaking institution to waive the TOEFL/IELTS testing requirement.
The Accounting degree program can be completed fully online. Scheduling of classes is flexible. Mix and match delivery types to maximize your schedule as needed.
|A. General Education Requirements||40 hours|
|B. Major Requirements||66-68 hours|
Business Core Courses
|Course Number||Course Name|
|ACC 2111||Foundations of Financial Accounting|
|ACC 2112||Foundations of Managerial Accounting|
|BUS 1115||The Dynamics of Business and Free Enterprise|
|BUS 2217||Principles of Management|
|BUS 2220||Microsoft Excel for Business|
|BUS 2860||Professional Development*|
|BUS 3311||Legal Environment of Business|
|BUS 3320||Applied Statistics and Analytics for Business|
|BUS 4999||Seminar in Strategic Management of the Bu8siness Enterprise|
|ECO 2207||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|FIN 3453||Managerial Finance|
|MKT 3160||Marketing Principles|
Accounting Core Courses
|Course Number||Course Name|
|ACC 3105||Accounting Information Systems|
|ACC 3111||Financial Accounting I|
|ACC 3112||Financial Accounting II|
|ACC 3211||Cost Accounting|
|ACC 4411||Federal Taxation|
|ACC 4960/4961||Accounting Internship *|
* Should you choose not to complete BUS 2860 Professional Development and BUS 4960/4961 Accounting Internship, you will need to complete an additional 4 credit hour elective course.
|C. Bachelor of Science Degree Requirements||12 hours|
|D. Electives||4 - 6 hours*|
|E. Total||124 hours|
|Base Required Fees||Cost|
|Tuition Per Credit Hour||$340|
|Technology fee per semester is based on credit hours enrolled||$30 to $120|
Get an inside look at Online Accounting
Master your financial skills
Joe G. Tedder ‘87 – Tedder Collected FSC Degree Before Charting His Path
Many Polk County residents will recognize Joe G. Tedder as Polk County’s Tax Collector. Only a...
Poets & Quants Ranks FSC's Undergraduate Business Program Among the Nation's Best
School of Business and Free Enterprise ranks No. 52 among top undergraduate business programs for...
FSC Awarded Three Top 10 Rankings in U.S. News & World Report's College Guide
Named one of the South's Best Regional Universities, recognized in Best Undergraduate Teaching...