Thinking about graduate studies in law, international relations, or public policy?
Our International Business track is an ideal foundation for fields where knowledge of international business is beneficial. At FSC, you’ll understand the practice of international trade; be able to identify sound investments; and know how to navigate the political, legal, cultural, technological, and economic environments where international business happens. You’ll also be uniquely qualified to work in multinational companies and manage a workforce and supply chains that span the globe.
The Barney Barnett School of Business and Free Enterprise at Florida Southern College has taken its place among the most respected university business schools in the world by earning accreditation from AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Top Reasons to Choose FSC for International Business
- Accreditation by AACSB is a mark of excellence in business education, earned by less than 5 percent of the world’s business programs.
- Our May Option trips give you a rich exposure to the complexities of life in another country and experience navigating an unfamiliar culture. If you’re thinking of a career overseas, this is the ideal place to begin.
- Pursue your studies all over the world. We offer study abroad programs that last a summer, a semester, or a year where you can immerse yourself in another culture and develop greater appreciation for a foreign country and a deeper understanding of your own skills.
- Take a broad range of courses, including electives in political science and sociology, to gain an in-depth understanding of the multicultural marketplace.
- You can study in various BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India and China), giving you a great advantage in understanding the key players in the developing world.
- The Junior Journey offers you the opportunity to make a connection between a city or region of the world and a particular area of interest. A perfect example was our Junior Journey trip to London in 2012 to study the cultural and logistical challenges of managing the summer Olympic games.
- We offer internships with local companies that export to foreign countries or that maintain a physical presence outside the US. This is a necessary steppingstone to gaining knowledge and securing employment within an organization with global reach.
In addition to the required courses for the business core, you’ll be able to take electives in specific areas such as international management and international financial management. By the time you graduate, you’ll know how to plan and implement successful business strategies to meet globalization’s unique challenges, how globalized commerce affects corporate structure and operations, and the best strategies for entering foreign markets and managing cultural differences.
In addition to the required courses for the business core, we offer the following international courses:
- International Business Environment
- International Management
- International Marketing Strategies
- International Financial Management
Graduate & Professional Opportunities
Because businesses are constantly expanding into international markets, business managers capable of leading multinational environments are in high demand. With the ability to think globally, you’re prepared for positions in major corporations with international activities and government agencies.