Elementary Education Information Session
Saturday, February 20, 10:00 AM
Interested in learning more?
Make plans to join faculty, staff, and other interested students at our next information session.
Sign Up Today
Recognized by the Florida Department of Education as the top elementary education program in the state.
The Florida Southern College adult education program ranks first among Florida private colleges. Our outstanding reputation for preparing future teachers ensures you’ll receive the education and training necessary to begin a successful teaching career.
Florida Southern College offers a program of teacher education in Elementary Education K-6. This program is approved by the Florida Department of Education to satisfy the educational requirements for the baccalaureate degree and initial teacher certification in Florida.
The School of Education is also home to the Roberts Center for Learning and Literacy and the Roberts Academy. Students in education programs will be engaged in a variety of field study experiences on and off campus including the Roberts Academy and a variety of local schools.
Why Choose FSC for Elementary Education
Florida Southern College accepts funding for Polk County School District’s Project Greenhouse that provides tuition reimbursement for district employees at Florida Public University rates.
Accelerated and hybrid learning, seven-week academic terms enable full-time students to complete up to 48 credit hours per year. Program is fully accredited by the Florida Department of Education.
Internships are conducted in cooperation with the local public school system. Supervised work experience occurs in school classrooms with students and teachers.
Personalized attention is available in small classes with an average ratio of student to faculty of 13:1. Accomplishments are recorded in a personal portfolio.
Getting started is easy.
Just contact Greg today!
Admissions Counselor and Advisor
View the on-line information session:
- Courses are offered in a hybrid format, a combination of online and in-class meetings
- Program is offered in a flexible, seven-week term format that begin six times a year, allowing you to start your degree whenever you want. And you can complete your
degree at a pace that fits your lifestyle, up to 12 classes per year (36 or 48 credit hours).
- Personalized attention in small classes; 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio
- Courses conveniently arranged for working professionals
- Accessible, full-time, impressively credentialed faculty will guide you successfully through the program
Program Outcome Goals for Elementary Education Majors
- Understand the learner and the learning process.
- Apply knowledge, skills and competency to manage a classroom.
- Balance the affective (emotional) and cognitive (mental) elements of teaching.
- Provide effective education experiences in a multicultural society.
- Successfully pass the Florida Teacher Certificate Exam.
- Acquire initial teacher certification in Florida and most other states.
- Competently lead students as a professional classroom teacher.
Elementary Education Program Cost for 2015-2016**
|Tuition per credit hour
|12 credit hours (full-time status)
|Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG)**
|SEMESTER TOTAL (including FRAG)
|Estimated Education Fees
|Chalk and Wire – ePortfolio
||$65.70 (per year)
* Technology fees for the School of Education: $25 for up to 4 credit hours, $50 for 5-8 credit hours, $100 for 9 or more credit hours
** Florida Resident Access Grant available to those who qualify during Fall and Spring terms
*** Florida Southern College reserves the right to revise fee schedules.