The Florida Southern MBA is nationally ranked and recognized.
Our flexible, award-winning MBA provides you with a competitive advantage in today’s demanding marketplace.
With its unique focus on cross-industry learning, an MBA from Florida Southern will give you a competitive edge in the global marketplace. The rigorous curriculum, supported by hands-on experience, will give you the tools you need to rise swiftly to positions of leadership. Through internships, living case studies, and an executive mentorship, you’ll be challenged both personally and professionally.
Next term start date 10/23/2023
Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is the mark of excellence in business education earned by fewer than five percent of business schools worldwide.
Our flexible 12 to 24 month program allows you to complete your MBA and start your career faster!
Increase Your Earning PotentialIn 2021 NACE found that an MBA created a 51% earning differential from those with an undergraduate degree.
Large Alumni Network
Our MBA graduates work at many of the Fortune 500 firms in Florida and nationally.
- Walt Disney
- Lockheed Martin
- American Cancer Society
- Liberty Mutual
Choose A Concentration
Make your MBA coursework worth more with our industry relevant concentrations. These concentrations provide you with an opportunity to focus your MBA studies in a high demand field. Through a combination of core business courses and electives, you can complete these programs by your final semester.
Derrick W. Rowe
J. Elizabeth Sherling
Living Case Studies
A Caring Mentor
- Official undergraduate transcripts of all academic work with a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- GRE/GMAT Scores*
- Current Résumé
- Personal statement that reflects your interest in our MBA program.
The essay should not exceed 2000 words, and should explain how your interest in pursuing an MBA degree at Florida Southern College relates to your professional/career goals. Your essay should also describe any experiences that have prepared you for success in our program.
- Two Recommendation Forms or Letters of Reference
*See if you qualify for a GRE/GMAT waiver.
International Student Requirements
- Official Translated Transcripts With Course By Course Evaluation**
- Bank Letter Verifying Funds of Sponsor***
- Sponsor's Guarantee Form
- Valid Passport
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score****
*** A bank letter is a written statement on bank letterhead and signed by a bank official.
**** Must have completed an English language training program or at least one year at an English speaking institution to waive the TOEFL/IELTS testing requirement.
Foundation Courses - 0 hours
|Course Number||Course Name|
|BUS 6010||Graduate Business Foundations*|
Required Courses - 21 hours
|Course Number||Course Name|
|BUS 6360||Leadership and Organizational Behavior|
|BUS 6460||Marketing Strategy|
|BUS 6560||International Business|
|BUS 6660||Economic Decision Making**|
|BUS 6760||Financial Management**|
|BUS 6860||Data Analytics**|
|BUS 6960||Strategic Management**|
Elective Courses - 12 hours
|Course Number||Course Name|
|BUS 6230||Lean/Six Sigma Processes|
|BUS 6240||Supply Chain Management|
|BUS 6250||Operations Management|
|BUS 6260||Management Negotiations|
|BUS 6270||International Field Experience|
|BUS 6280||Graduate Internship in Business|
|BUS 6290||Entrepreneurship/New Venture Creation|
|BUS 6350||Business Law for Accountants|
|ACC 6120||Corporate Taxation|
|ACC 6140||Taxation of Partnerships and Estates|
|ACC 6200||Auditing with Accounting Information Systems|
|ACC 6300||Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|ACC 6400||Advanced Managerial Accounting|
|ACC 6420||Accounting Data Analytics|
|ACC 6620||Ethics in Accounting|
|ACC 6960||Accounting Internship|
MBA Program Total - 33 hours
* This is a pass/fail, self-paced course that focuses on accounting, finance, economics and statistics to equip students with an overview of fundamental background knowledge and skill-sets essential for success in the FSC MBA program and career.
** Course has the prerequisite requirement of BUS 6010 Graduate Business Foundations.
|Base Required Fees||Cost|
|Tuition Per Credit Hour||$1,035|
|Technology fee per semester is based on credit hours enrolled||$25 to $100|
$250 Non-Refundable Enrollment Deposit (Upon acceptance and applied toward your first semester tuition balance)
*Tuition will be billed prior to the beginning of each semester based on credit hours. Tuition must be paid by the first day of class.
MBA Merit Scholarship
To be considered for this merit based scholarship, applicants must submit a GMAT/GRE score as part of their MBA application process.
Scholarship awards will be granted based on the following tier system:
- $1,500 for GMAT or GRE equivalent score of 650 or higher.
- $1,000 for GMAT or GRE equivalent score of 550 to 649.
- $500 for GMAT or GRE equivalent score of 500 to 549.
This is a one-time award that will be applied as a tuition discount in the first year of MBA enrollment.
A limited number of graduate assistantships are offered. The assistantship program offers tuition discounts in exchange for hours worked.
To be eligible to apply for a Graduate Assistantship position students must have:
- Already been accepted into their chosen program
- Submitted their GRE or GMAT scores.
Are Online courses asynchronous?
Yes. Assignments are due weekly and there is no requirement to login at specific time frames.
What are the hours of the Saturday-hybrid classes?
There are 3 different time blocks for Saturday courses: 9:00 to 11:45 AM, 12:45 to 3:30 PM, and 3:45 to 6:30 PM.
Can I change delivery methods at any point of the program?
Yes. Our Flex Saturday-hybrid delivery allows you to take both Saturday-hybrid and Online courses. If you started with our fully Online delivery, you are able to switch to our Flex Saturday-hybrid delivery.
How many classes can I take each 7-week term?
We recommend students take one course each term, but students can take up to two courses per term if they want an accelerated progression. We encourage you to reach out to us to discuss your preferred timeline.
Can the GRE/GMAT requirement be waived?
To be considered for a GRE/GMAT waiver, you must hold a 3.00+ cumulative GPA or higher and meet one of the following criteria:
- Applicant is a graduate of an AACSB-accredited business school with a 3.25+ cumulative GPA
- Applicant is a graduate of Florida Southern College with a 3.25+ cumulative GPA
- Applicant is a graduate of Florida Polytechnic University with a 3.25+ cumulative GPA
- Applicant is a graduate of a regionally accredited institution with a 3.30+ cumulative GPA
- Applicant currently holds a master’s or terminal degree (JD, MD, PhD, etc.)
- Applicant currently holds an active CPA license
- Applicant is a lifetime Beta Gamma Sigma member
- Applicant has a minimum of 3 years of qualifying managerial experience
Online MBA Ranked at #35
The Princeton Review again recognizes the Barney Barnett School of Business.
Florida Southern Makes Big Leap in Online MBA Rankings
U.S. News & World Report 2022-23 Rankings Released
MBA Student’s Business Plan Could Make an Impact in Healthcare Industry
When Marissa Mengelkoch ’21 learned that 88 percent of human trafficking survivors were...