Amy Bockelkamp, DNP, APRN, AGNP-C, CNE, RNC-MNN, RN-BC
My teaching philosophy centers on the concept of Learner-Centered Education. I use frequent low stake assessments to evaluate the unique needs of all learners in my classroom. I use these assessments to modify weekly course curriculum to re-address areas needing deeper understanding while allowing for the spirit of inquiry.
BiographyDr. Bockelkamp graduated from the University of South Florida (USF) with a dual master’s degree in nursing education and adult–gerontology primary care (AGPC) nursing. She went on to further increase her knowledge by earning a Doctor of Nursing Practice from USF. Her clinical passions include preventative health and care of rheumatological patients with multi-system involvement. Dr. Bockelkamp has experience teaching and evaluating graduate-level programs (AGPC, FNP, and CNE), including primary care clinical settings, Objective Structured Clinical Examinations, and Digital Clinical Experiences.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of South Florida
- Master of Science (Nursing Education and Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nursing), University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing), University of South Florida
- Associate in Science (Nursing), Polk State College
Associate in Arts (Psychology), Polk State College
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGNP-C) by AANP
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) by NLN
- Maternal Newborn Nurse (RNC-MNN) by NCC
- Rheumatology Nursing (RN-BC), ANCC